Working at EIA
Thank you for your interest in employment with Edmonton Islamic Academy.
At Edmonton Islamic Academy, you are part of a family. We are an expanding school community. Working for EIA means opportunity, the opportunity to grow, personally and professionally. We are a large Pre-K to 12 school, with over 1400 students, but we have a small-school mentality: your ideas are heard and there is ample opportunity to take the lead on a project.
We are always looking for talented and creative teachers to join our team. We are dedicated to finding the perfect fit for you. For new teachers, we pair you with an experienced teacher to mentor you. We also welcome experienced teachers looking for new environments in which to use and share their knowledge. We are also looking for specialty subject teachers in Junior and Senior High, whether that's arts or sciences.
The religious environment at our school is unapologetically Islamic, but extremely welcoming to people of all walks of life. Our team collectively consist of Muslims and non-Muslims who work coherently together.
Edmonton Islamic Academy is the right place for you if you are an eager, skilled, dynamic, respectful, and qualified teacher.
Substitute Teaching Position
Location: Edmonton Islamic Academy
Competition #: 10118
Open To: All Applicants
Date Posted: October 28th, 2019
Closing Date: Open Ended
We are currently seeking Substitute Teachers to join our team at Edmonton Islamic Academy.
- When the Homeroom Teacher is absent, the substitute teacher assumes her responsibilities
- Communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with the classroom teacher, colleagues and students
- Delivers course content, academic support, and student supervision throughout the school day
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of students and school personnel information
- Complies with and supports school policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the classroom teacher and Assistant Principal
Qualities and Requirements
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment with a flexible, versatile, and positive approach to new assignments
- Effective communication skills with Administration, students, and parents
- Competence in executing pre-planned lessons, delivering Alberta Education curriculum, and effective class management
- Respect of Islamic faith and culture
Upon initial acceptance, the following documents will be required:
- Updated Resume
- Valid Teaching Certificate
- Copies of Degree and transcripts
- Reference letters
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Recent Criminal Record Check
- Recent Intervention Record Check