Thank you for your interest in Edmonton Islamic Academy. The following is provided to guide you through our admissions process.
Kindly be informed that Edmonton Islamic Academy is boasting the highest enrollment in our history. Due to the maximum enrollment, all new registrations made at this time for Preschool to Grade 12 are being placed on a waiting list. Openings in these grades are limited, and are dependent upon the re-enrollment of our current students.
With this said, we do continue to accept new applications. Application/s will remain on our waiting list for 2019-2020 and 2021 academic years. A member of our admissions team will contact you as soon as a vacancy does become available.
1. Apply: Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis using our online system.
Please note that an application will not be considered complete or date stamped, until the application fee of $100 is received. The application fee may be paid by cash, cheque, credit card or direct payment at our front office.
2. Student Assessment: Individual academic and readiness assessments are conducted with all students entering Kindergarten through Grade 12. Upon receipt of your child's application we will contact you to schedule the assessment. Parents and students should plan to spend between 1 and 3 hours with us. Kindly note that we will only contact students to sit our entrance exam if there are vacancies in the grade level they are applying into.
3. Student Assessment: Parents will be notified by phone about their child’s exam results and acceptance status approximately 2 weeks from the date the test was written.
4. Acceptance – Students who meet all of our EIA acceptance criteria's will be offered a place with our Academy. However the acceptance will only be secured once the Capital Project Fee is paid in full.
Due to the limited number of seats available and the desire of many families wanting to join Edmonton Islamic Academy, parents of returning students must complete and sign the Reenrollment form by the deadline provided by admissions during each academic year. Failure to do so may result in loss of enrollment privileges for the family for the following school year. The signing of the Re-enrollment form does not constitute full registration. Parents must fully register a returning student by the deadline set by the school.
In order for a returning student to be fully registered, the following must be completed:
- Complete, sign, and return the re-enrollment form
- Pay registration fees to the office
- EIA has the right to deny re-enrollment to any student due to poor behavioral performance.